The winner of America’s Got Talent’s sixth season lends his jazzy style to holiday classics alongside three former Motown lead singers
About This Deal
- One ticket to see Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr.
- When: Sunday, December 14, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Carolina Theatre of Durham
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $10 for balcony 2 seating (up to $39.68 value)
- $15 for balcony 1 seating (up to $51.56 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr.
- How you know the amiable jazz crooner: he was the winner of America’s Got Talent’s sixth season
- Some of his vocal role models: Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and the Motown greats
- Speaking of Motown greats: Tonight’s show also features Leonard, Coleman & Blunt—that is, The Temptations’ Glenn Leonard, Joe Coleman of The Platters, and Joe Blunt of The Drifters
- Song you’re therefore likely to hear: “Silent Night,” a Murphy/Leonard duet from Murphy’s latest album, Christmas Made for Two
- What else to expect from Leonard, Coleman & Blunt a medley of sing-along hits such as “My Girl,” “The Great Pretender,” “Only You,” and “Under the Boardwalk”
- Post-concert perks: a meet-and-greet with the stars with time for photos, autographs, and tips on what songs will make Santa stick around for eggnog
About The Carolina Theatre of Durham
One of the few original theaters in Durham to remain in operation, The Carolina Theatre has endured more than 85 years of history in its quest to entertain. The venue's main room, Fletcher Hall, rose in popularity during World War II, when soldiers from Camp Butner arrived by bus to watch films on its colossal screen. In the last three decades, ongoing renovations have restored the venue to its original glory while propelling it into contemporary times with the addition of modern accoutrements, including two upstairs movie screens, stage-level dressing rooms, and landing pads on the roof for skateboard hovercrafts.