What You'll Get
- $17 for one general admission ticket (up to $37.92 value)
- $20 for one VIP preferred ticket (up to $48.47 value)
- VIP preferred tickets have guaranteed seating in the front row.
- What it is: A double feature of The Telephone and La voix humaine, praised by The New York Times as “a captivating experience […] almost voyeuristic” when it premiered in the NY Opera Fest. “This Halloween,” say Cell producers, “ask yourself: #friendorphone?”
- The Telephone: Flowers in hand, the formerly vacillating Ben has settled on a definite course: to propose to Lucy, the girl of his dreams, before she leaves town on vacation. Getting over his nerves appears to be least of his struggles, though, as a series of phone calls keeps Lucy so tied up that he can’t find a chance to bend his knee. As her departure nears, Ben results to ploys of ever-increasing desperation to land his lady. Written by Pulitzer-winning composer Gian Carlo Menotti in 1947, The Telephone remains just as relevant today, if not more, delighting showgoers with a completely realized confection about love and communication.
- La voix humaine: The curtain rises to reveal a woman on the ground. Her phone rings. It’s her ex, who left her for another woman. Over the course of this one-act opera, based on a Jean Cocteau play of the same name, we see her side of the phone conversation and learn more about the duo’s extinguished relationship. Written in 1958 one-act opera by Francis Poulenc, it’s a simple, yet affecting opera that unfolds to reveal the depths of our protagonist’s longing.
- After the show, stick around for the after party.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. After-party starts once the opera finishes. Cash bar available only at Ruba Club. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.