What You'll Get
- $29 for one ticket to see The Chieftains (up to $52 value)
- When: Tuesday, March 3, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Eisenhower Auditorium
- Seating: orchestra or grand-tier section
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Who they are: the band that’s worked to make traditional Irish music a worldwide phenomenon since 1962
- The piper who’s led them the whole way: Paddy Moloney, who plays uilleann pipes, tin whistle, button accordion, and bodhrán
- Backing him up: Kevin Conneff on bodhrán and vocals and Matt Molloy on flute and tin whistle
- The number of Grammys on their shelf: 6
- The number of nominations they’ve earned: 18
- The Trojan horse that helped them invade the US: the Academy Award–winning score to Stanley Kubrick’s Barry Lyndon
- Why they might be getting a government pension soon: they earned the title of Ireland’s Musical Ambassadors in 1989
- Some of their hits: “Cherish the Ladies” and “Lots of Drops of Brandy”
- Notable collaborators: The Rolling Stones, Luciano Pavarotti, Elvis Costello, Ziggy Marley, Madonna, Willie Nelson, and dozens more
- Their newest album: Voice of Ages, released for their 50th anniversary and featuring a slew of guest artists including the Decemberists, Imelda May, and Bon Iver
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 3, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 3/2 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Eisenhower Auditorium. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.