- $40 for one ticket to The Color Purple (up to $85 value)
- When: select dates, April 10–19
- Where: Stage Aurora Theatrical Company
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- April 19 performance includes a private cast meet & greet and soiree at 6 p.m.
Recommended for ages 18 and up
The Color Purple
Having won 11 Tony Awards in its Broadway run in 2006, The Color Purple comes to life with themes of love and faith thanks to the Stage Aurora Theatrical Company and songs including “Somebody Gonna Love You” and “A Tree Named Sofia.” Based on Alice Walker’s powerful novel of the life of black women in the American South during the first half of the 20th century, the performance blends blues, gospel, and jazz as it delves into the life of Celie, the resilient heroine at the center of the story. Celie perseveres through abuse and the loss of her sister and her children as she continues to fiercely love those who are good to her.