- $10 for one general-admission ticket to any regular improv or standup comedy show (up to $20 value)
- Click here to see the calendar of performances
The Comedy Shrine Theater has a two-drink minimum per person, which is not included in this Groupon.
- For a taste of The Comedy Shrine Theater’s main venture—and a live take on ABC’s Whose Line is it Anyway—see: Whose Line? (Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m.) or Whose Line? Naughty Show (Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m.)
- For sets by local, regional, and national standup comedians, check out:Comedians You Should Know (2nd Saturdays at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.) or Cranked Up Comedy (1st Fridays at 8 p.m.)
- For glimpses of rising stars fresh from the small screen, see: The Comedy Shrine monthly show “Comedians from TV”, which feature some of today’s hottest comedians seen on television (4th Fridays at 8 p.m. and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- For kid-friendly chuckles, see: Family Time at The Shrine, which incorporates songs, skits, and improvisation during interactive shows (Saturdays at 6 p.m.)
The Comedy Shrine Theater
The Comedy Shrine draws out unstifled snorts with standup sets and performances from a house company of improvisers culled from laugh institutions such as Second City, iO, and ComedySportz. Inspired by the hit TV show Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Whose Line? puts together an ensemble of professional improvisers for a night of word games and spontaneously created scenarios and characters. Whose Line? The Naughty Show spices up the proceedings with raunchy profanity, spicy innuendo, and adults-only humor. Billed as an interactive drinking game, the ad-libbed proceedings of The Bar Show govern quaffs more effectively than paying a friend to throw pinches of salt into your mouth. The Raw Talent Showcase gives up-and-comers a chance in the spotlight, impressing audiences with fresh material.