Bob Dylan once proclaimed that “it takes a lot to laugh, it takes a train to cry,” before realizing that he didn’t know what words are. Laugh at more literate performers with this GrouponLive deal.
- $10 for one ticket to any regular improv or standup comedy show (up to $20 value)
- Where: The Comedy Shrine Theater
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: one hour before performance
- Click here to see the calendar of performances
The Comedy Shrine Theater has a two-drink minimum per person, which is not included in this Groupon.
- For an interactive, party-themed improv show, see: The Bar Show (Saturdays at 10 p.m.)
- For a taste of The Comedy Shrine Theater’s main venture—and a live take on ABC’s Whose Line is it Anyway—see: Whose Line? (Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m.) or Whose Line? Naughty Show (Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m.)
- For sets by local, regional, and national stand-up comedians, check out: Stand Up at the Shrine (Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m.)
The Comedy Shrine Theater
The Comedy Shrine draws out unstifled snorts with standup sets and performances from a house company of improvisers culled from laugh institutions such as Second City, iO, and ComedySportz. Inspired by the hit TV show Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Whose Line? puts together an ensemble of professional improvisers for a night of word games and spontaneously created scenarios and characters. Whose Line? The Naughty Show spices up the proceedings with raunchy profanity, spicy innuendo, and adults-only humor. Billed as an interactive drinking game, the ad-libbed proceedings of The Bar Show govern quaffs more effectively than paying a friend to throw pinches of salt into your mouth. The Raw Talent Showcase gives up-and-comers a chance in the spotlight, impressing audiences with fresh material.