What You'll Get
- The Cult and Primal Scream
- When: Friday, November 20, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Hollywood Palladium
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- $25 for one G-Pass (up to $61.10 value) [limited number of tickets available at this price]
- $30 for one G-Pass (up to $61.10 value) [limited number of tickets available at this price]
- $35 for one G-Pass (up to $61.10 value)
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- The Cult leader: singer Ian Astbury, who channels the moody mysticism and raw vocalizations of Jim Morrison so well that he actually fronted The Doors during their 21st Century tour
- The followers: a mass of fans with tastes as diverse as The Cult’s sound
- The sound: a seamless blend of goth-tinged post-punk (“She Sells Sanctuary”), topped with the heavy-metal thunder and Zeppelin-like feats of Billy Duffy’s guitar (“Fire Woman”)
- Proof of Ian Astuby’s stage charisma: The Cult recently landed on Rolling Stone’s list of the 20 Best Things at Coachella’s Second Weekend with a performance so commanding, they were crowned “Best Messiahs”
- What Bobby Gillespie was doing when he founded Primal Scream: drumming for the Jesus and Mary Chain
- Similarities between the sounds of the two bands: they both use drums. Other than that, not many.
- The Primal Scream sound: jittery pop, ’70s rock, dance-rock fusion, techno, bluesy Stones-esque rockers—take your pick
- “Trainspotting”: their contribution to the film Trainspotting
- Check out: Screamadelica, the 1991 album that, according to AllMusic.com, “brought acid house, techno, and rave culture crashing into the British mainstream—an impact that rivaled that of Nirvana’s Nevermind”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 21, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Refundable only on day of purchase. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.