- $62 for one general admission standing ticket, one $10 bar voucher, and one poster (up to $71.86 value)
- The Cult leader: singer Ian Astbury, who channels the moody mysticism and raw vocalizations of Jim Morrison so well that he actually fronted The Doors during their 21st Century tour
- The followers: a mass of fans with tastes as diverse as The Cult’s sound
- The sound: a seamless blend of goth-tinged post-punk (“She Sells Sanctuary”), topped with the heavy-metal thunder and Zeppelin-like feats of Billy Duffy’s guitar (“Fire Woman”)
- Proof of Ian Astbury’s stage charisma: The Cult recently landed on Rolling Stone’s list of the 20 Best Things at Coachella’s Second Weekend with a performance so commanding, they were crowned “Best Messiahs”
Mill City Nights
A rock 'n' roll sanctuary with an industrial aesthetic, Mill City Nights keeps downtown Minneapolis hopping with a unending parade of nationally touring musicians. Audiences can get up close to acts on the ground-level dance floor, or head up the metal stairs to grab a seat or lounge at a table. Down in the basement, The Nether Bar serves craft beers such as Summit, Fulton, and Finnegan's, while high-definition flatscreens broadcast sets from upstairs. The sleek decor and updated equipment add up to a winning venue, one that attracts acts as varied as Skinny Puppy, Easton Corbin, and Todd Rundgren to its stage.