- $40 for one ticket to see the Dan Band with one Skip-the-Line pass and All-You-Can-Drink package (up to $70 value)
- When: Saturday, June 7, at 9 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Las Vegas
- Section: General Admission Standing
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- All-You-Can-Drink package includes well drinks, wine, and beer.
The Dan Band
Warning: coarse language and hand gestures lacking in prudence
- Who they are: an all-male rock group that enthusiastically rips into covers of songs traditionally sung by women
- Defining characteristics: silly showmanship and a penchant for vulgarity
- Big break: wedding scene in the film Old School, in which lead singer Dan Finnerty serenaded Will Ferrell’s character and his bride with an expletive-laden “Total Eclipse of the Heart”
- Where else you’ve seen The Dan Band: The Hangover, in which they flipped 50 Cent’s “Candy Shop”
- Another Tinseltown connection: their one-hour concert special—”The Dan Band: I Am Woman”—was produced by Steven Spielberg after he was charmed by their uncensored take on the Jaws theme
- Other tunes in the band’s canon: Salt-n-Pepa’s “Shoop,” Christina Aguilera’s “Genie in a Bottle,” and Alanis Morissette’s “You Oughta Know”
House of Blues Las Vegas
There’s a piece of the Delta on the Las Vegas strip. Beneath the stage of the House of Blues, a metal box of Mississippi mud reminds every performer who steps in the spotlight where the blues originated. But if they forget to think about the mud beneath their feet, the sights of the venue will surely be enough reminder. More than 300 pieces of folk art speckle the walls and 50,000 bottle caps comprise a tactile mural at the entrance to surround performers and audiences alike in southern simplicity. Still, a bit of the outside neon makes its way in. Hanging over the crowd, a chandelier from the ballroom of the old MGM glitters, echoing Las Vegas’s ever-shining light.