- $25 for one ticket to see The Dan Band (up to $33.08 value)
- When: Friday, January 16, at 9 p.m.
- Where: Mill City Nights
- Seating: general admission standing
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
The Dan Band
- Who they are: an all-male rock group that enthusiastically rips into covers of songs traditionally sung by women
- Defining characteristics: silly showmanship and a penchant for vulgarity
- Big break: wedding scene in the film Old School, in which lead singer Dan Finnerty serenaded Will Ferrell’s character and his bride with an expletive-laden “Total Eclipse of the Heart”
- Where else you’ve seen The Dan Band: The Hangover, in which they flipped 50 Cent’s “Candy Shop”
- Another Tinseltown connection: their one-hour concert special—”The Dan Band: I Am Woman”—was produced by Steven Spielberg after he was charmed by their uncensored take on the Jaws theme
- Other tunes in the band’s canon: Salt-n-Pepa’s “Shoop,” Christina Aguilera’s “Genie in a Bottle,” and Alanis Morissette’s “You Oughta Know”
Mill City Nights
A rock 'n' roll sanctuary with an industrial aesthetic, Mill City Nights keeps downtown Minneapolis hopping with a unending parade of nationally touring musicians. Audiences can get up close to acts on the ground-level dance floor, or head up the metal stairs to grab a seat or lounge at a table. Down in the basement, The Nether Bar serves craft beers such as Summit, Fulton, and Finnegan's, while high-definition flatscreens broadcast sets from upstairs. The sleek decor and updated equipment add up to a winning venue, one that attracts acts as varied as Skinny Puppy, Easton Corbin, and Todd Rundgren to its stage.