All-male band belts out covers of women-sung songs; band rocks fans with such hits as as “Crazy B*h,” “Sorry,” and “Lit Up”
The Fine Print
Expiration varies.Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at The Paramount. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
$17 to see The Dan Band on Wednesday, May 28, at 8 p.m. (up to $34 value)
$21.75 to see Buckcherry on Friday, May 30, at 8 p.m. (up to $43.50 value)
The Dan Band
**The Dan Band’s “Total Eclipse of the Heart”**
Warning: coarse language and hand gestures lacking in prudence
* Who they are: an all-male rock group that enthusiastically rips into covers of songs traditionally sung by women
* Defining characteristics: silly showmanship and a penchant for vulgarity
* Big break: wedding scene in the film Old School, in which lead singer Dan Finnerty serenaded Will Ferrell's character and his bride with an expletive-laden "Total Eclipse of the Heart"
* Where else you've seen The Dan Band: The Hangover, in which they flipped 50 Cent’s “Candy Shop”
* Another Tinseltown connection: their one-hour concert special—"The Dan Band: I Am Woman"—was produced by Steven Spielberg after he was charmed by their uncensored take on the Jaws theme
* Other tunes in the band's canon: Salt-n-Pepa's "Shoop," Christina Aguilera's "Genie in a Bottle," and Alanis Morissette's "You Oughta Know"
**Buckcherry performing “Next 2 You” at Moondance Jam in 2010**
* Number of years Buckcherry been rocking faces off: 18, with brief hiatuses so fans could grow their faces back
* Inspiration for the name: a friendly female impersonator
* Lead singer Josh Todd and lead guitarist Keith Nelson met: through a mutual tattoo artist
* Parts of Todd that aren’t tattooed: left armpit, pinkie toenail
* Biggest hits: “Crazy B***h,” “Sorry,” “Lit Up,” “Too Drunk”
* Soon-to-be hits from their latest album, Confessions: “Seven Ways to Die,” “Nothing Left But Tears”
* How Confessions defies the shuffle age: with rocking, dark material in the form of a concept album about the seven deadly sins