- $18.25 for one G-Pass for general-admission standing (up to $36.50 value)
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- The Light Before The Darkness: Before they were even signed to a record label, these Brits were destined to be rock royalty. Word of the energy in their live shows spread like wildfire, and so did the beats of drummer Rufus Taylor (son of Queen’s Roger Taylor).
- The Darkness Fell: In 2003, these modern glam-rockers released their debut, Permission to Land, whose ubiquitous single, “I Believe in a Thing Called Love,” shot to No. 2 on the UK charts and eventually landed at No. 276 on Pitchfork’s list of Top 500 Tracks of the 2000s.
- The Darkness Spread: More than 14 cover versions of the song have popped up throughout the years, including renditions by Panic! at the Disco and Adam Lambert and Chris Colfer on Glee.
- And Spread: Over the next three years, the band also scored a wheelbarrow full of other hits, including “Growing on Me,” “Love is Only a Feeling,” “One Way Ticket,” and “Girlfriend.”
- And Then Sort of Stopped: In 2006, The Darkness went on an indefinite hiatus, with members forming other projects such as heavy-metal act Stone Gods and rock outfit Hot Leg.
- When The Darkness Returned: in 2011, when they reunited, began touring, opened for Lady Gaga, and released a new album of material, Hot Cakes
- Army of The Darkness: what fans are bound to form after hearing The Darkness’s latest album, Last of Our Kind. Frontman Justin Hawkins describes it as “medieval rock, but it still sounds like The Darkness. It’s medi-urban, I suppose.”
The Fillmore Silver Spring
8656 Colesville Road
Silver Spring, MD 20910