What You'll Get
Seeing one of your favorite bands is a transcendent experience, like seeing your favorite actor play your favorite president. Spoil your senses with this GrouponLive deal.
- $18 for one general-admission ticket to The Dayton Jazz & Soul Festival (up to $30 value)
- When: Saturday, July 12, at 3 p.m.
- Where: Montgomery County Fairgrounds
- Door time: 2 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
The Dayton Jazz & Soul Festival
- Brick: Disco and jazz weren't enough for Atlanta-based Brick, so they invented their own genre, "Dazz," which was also the name of one of their first big singles.
- L.A. Sky and the Rick James Stone City Band Revue: LaMorris "L.A. Sky" Payne and his group aren't just tribute artists—they were Rick James's band for many years, and he personally bequeathed them his name.
- The System: This seminal synth band broke out with the 1982 single "You Are in My System," and went on to contribute songs to Eddie Murphy's Beverly Hills Cop and Coming To America.
- Carl Carlton: First credited as a teen idol, "Little Carl" eventually created one of music history's funkiest love songs, 1982's "She's a Bad Mama Jama (She's Built, She's Stacked)."
- Wade Brown: By age 18, Wade Brown had already been seen on American Idol and The Voice, and made it to the final rounds in the latter; now in his 20s, he continues to belt out soul hits when he's not studying political science or sleeping.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 12, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on 7/12 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Montgomery County Fairgrounds. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects SJR Media Group's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.