Music is all around us—in the wind, the rain, and the weird sounds that children make. Listen to something that's actually been rehearsed with this GrouponLive deal.
- $7.13 for one ticket to Half Way to St. Patrick's Day featuring The Dead Rabbits (up to a $13.25 value)
- When: Saturday, September 14, at 8 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Houston
- General admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Half Way to St. Patrick's Day featuring The Dead Rabbits
- 184: the days left until St. Patrick's Day
- Psshaw!: what this concert says to that number
- How to celebrate the halfway point: three Celtic punk bands, a traditional bagpipe and drum band, and an Irish step-dancing school
- Who's bringing the Celtic punk: The Dead Rabbits, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, Black Irish Texas
- Where The Dead Rabbits got their name: either from the 1850 Irish gang of New York, or from being huge fans of Watership Down
- Local and national praise: touted by fans as Houston's best Celtic punkers, won "Band of the Month" from CFPAM, a Celtic folk-punk blog and radio stream
- What to expect: punk songs about drinking, fighting, love, and hard times, all tinged with traditional Irish instrumentation such as fiddle, banjo, and mandolin
- Before the Devil Knows You're Dead's sound: Flogging Molly and the Dropkick Murphys flogging and dropkicking up a racket
- Black Irish Texas's sound: The Pogues in a spaghetti western (a real one, not like Straight to Hell)
- The Houston Highlanders are: Houston's oldest pipes and drums band
- How to learn to dance at the show: by watching the Cass Barrington School of Irish Dance
- What to bring: comfortable shoes
- Who not to bring: Oliver Cromwell