- $64 for a four-course murder-mystery Dinner (up to $104.95 value)
- When: any date through November 28, 2015
- Where: Embassy Suites Convention Center
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 6:15 p.m.
- Includes: Dinner Detective mug
- Alcohol is not included with the voucher; a cash-only bar is available, with an ATM available inside the hotel.
- Click to view the menu.
- Click to view the schedule.
The Dinner Detective’s cast of sleuths and servers dish up a four-course meal alongside a helping of mystery spiced with impromptu humor. Guests arrive to mingle, sample hors d’oeuvres, and begin questioning their fellow diners as the dressed-down cast—who are professional Hollywood- and Chicago-trained actors—circulates freely in the crowd. A mixed green salad and a shocking murder send people scrambling to tables where they work to uncover the killer, who could be any one of the guests or hiding under the table the entire time.
The story unfolds between courses. First, there’s a starter course of mixed green salad. For the entree, diners choose from charbroiled chicken breast, roasted pork loin, or curried quinoa-stuffed bell peppers with mozzarella. Sides include garlic whipped potatoes, sauteed vegetables, and dinner rolls. Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting rewards the night’s trials as the crook is revealed and the guest with the best guess takes home a prize.
In addition to the regularly scheduled shows, The Dinner Detective leases out its gumshoes to clean up crime during private events such as fundraisers, family reunions, and embezzlement hearings. The thespians are well-trained for such ventures, having performed for Fortune 500 companies including Universal Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering.