The crime committed most often during mealtime is reaching over someone else to get the salt, which is why it's always a welcome distraction when a murder is committed instead. Taste the mystery with this GrouponLive deal.
- $85 for two VIP tickets to a murder-mystery show presented by the Dinner Detective (up to a $157.95 value)
- When: any show through August 31. Shows usually start by 6:25 p.m.
- Where: Midtown Arts Center
- Seating: reserved
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to see the show schedule.
VIP packages include:
- Two tickets with a four-course dinner (a $62.64 value each)
- One bottle of wine (up to a $32.67 value)
- The opportunity to involve one party member in the crime
The Dinner Detective, an interactive murder-mystery show, intrigues and involves audiences as they enjoy four delectable courses, attempt to sleuth out the murderer in their midst, and solve comedic cases. During the cocktail hour, guests create alternate identities and mingle with potential friends, foes, and bears dressed in men-suits before settling down at tables of eight for a feast that includes hors d'oeuvres, salad, and an entree. A cast of colorful detectives and improv-savvy performers doubling as servers help set the stage for whodunits, as platefuls of chosen entrees—chicken confit, pork tenderloin, or tomato pasta—mysteriously vanish into stomachs.
The cast eschews themed-era period shticks in favor of comedy mysteries based on a combination of actual cold-case crimes and set in modern-day Colorado. Sips of wine relax nerves as couples try to figure out the murderer and claim the evening's undisclosed prize, and a choice of coffee, soda, or tea keeps eyes alert to potential clues and accidental admissions. Desserts, like justice, fill mouths with a sweet taste as three-hour evenings end with catching a criminal.