What You'll Get
- $49 for one ticket to The Dinner Party, hosted by Elysabeth Alfano of PBS’s Fear No ART and featuring Wilco drummer Glenn Kotche, Kathy Hart of The Eric and Kathy Show, and Goodman Theatre actor Marc Grapey
- When: Monday, May 12, at 7 p.m.
- Where: City Winery Chicago
- General admission
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
The Tasting Menu
- Tasting Appetizer: spring pea soup and smoked ham hock consommé with poached quail egg
- Tasting Entree: brioche-encrusted halibut over asparagus in bacon cream
- Beverages: wine pairing from City Winery, Voss Artesian Water, and David’s Tea
- Dessert: Vosges chocolate
- Vegetarian options are available upon request; diners must make their requests by May 9
voucher holders also receive:
- Seating in first section, closest to the stage
- Two general admission tickets to Gene Siskel Film Center between May 12 and September 30
- 50% discount on main floor and mezzanine tickets for select performances of Seth Bockley’s “Ask Aunt Susan” at Goodman Theatre
- 15% discount on HomeChef classes at Kendall College
The Dinner Party
In Elysabeth Alfano’s monthly show The Dinner Party, attendees get to know creative luminaries in one of the most intimate ways possible: by watching them chew. Alfano invites three guests—usually from Chicago, but sometimes from further afield—to sit with her on stage, where they dine on a dinner crafted by an acclaimed chef. The audience receives the same dinner out in the house, and watches as the notable individuals have an off-the-cuff conversation interspersed with tweeted questions from onlookers. And the chat is as colorful as the guests themselves—in March, for instance, chef Rick Bayless explained how a peach cobbler inspired his culinary career, artist Pat Byrnes mused on how being a cartoonist is a “genetic condition,” and author Sara Paretsky shared how she convinced someone to show her the best place to hide a body beneath Wrigley Field.
On May 12, the show returns to City Winery with a menu devised by French-trained chef Peter Coenen of The Gage. Audiences dine while enjoying a classical performance by Mischa Zupko, Wilson Choi and Dominic Johnson of the International Beethoven Project. Up at the main table, Goodman Theatre veteran Marc Grapey might talk about his career on stage and screen, while Kathy Hart of The Eric and Kathy Show could divulge stories off the airwaves. Wilco percussionist and composer Glenn Kotche rounds out the talented group while chipping in a performance.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 12, 2014. Limit 4 per person. Redeem on 5/12 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at City Winery Chicago. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects City Winery Chicago's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Dinner Party
Cuisine Type: Nouvelle American Cuisine
Handicap Accessible: Yes
Number of Tables: 50+
Parking: Free street parking
Alcohol: Full bar
Outdoor Seating: No
Pro Tip: Tweet in questions to win prizes like comedy tickets, a $100 restaurant gift certificate, and Staub cookware.