What You'll Get
- $12 for one G-Pass ticket to (Hed) P.E. (up to $18.60 value)
- When: Friday, May 22, at 8 p.m
- Where: The Red Room at The Dow Event Center
- General admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees.
- (Hed)p.e.’s forte: funk meets punk meets hip-hop meets thrash metal meets reggae—they call it “G-punk”
- In other words: imagine the sound made by a supergroup combining Slightly Stoopid, The Clash, Bob Marley, and Slayer
- (Hed)p.e.’s lyrical content: controversial, challenging, hedonistic, extraterrestrial-loving, not for kids
- Debated meaning of their band name: “Hed” stands for “higher eduction” and the “PE” is for Planet Earth, but singer Jahred says the name “basically means our consciousness is connected to the planet and the planet is evolving, therefore, we as her children, evolve with her.”
- Speaking of Evolution: it’s the name of the band’s latest album, and a statement about their musical progression
- What to expect from the show: a ferocious mix of favorites from albums such as Blackout, Broke, and New World Orphans, plus reggae-tinged angst bombs from Evolution
- Opening act: Michigan’s own Redburn hit the stage with their own fusion of rap and rock
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 22, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Use for admission at The Red Room at The Dow Event Center on May 22. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.