- $35 for two tickets to Impact Theatre’s The Dragon Play and two Impact Theatre pint glasses (up to $63 value)
- When: select dates, November13–December 14; choose a showtime upon purchase.
- Where: La Val’s Subterranean
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees.
The Dragon Play
A struggling married couple is visited by a dubious man from the wife’s past. A young boy and a dragon girl fall in love despite the differences in their ages (she’s about 300) and core body temperatures. These two stories are connected, and part of the suspense of Jenny Connell Davis’s new play is wondering how they’ll intersect. The poetic piece makes its West Coast debut at La Val’s Subterranean, which means pizza and beer can serve as your concessions.
Few theater troupes are as downright friendly as Impact Theatre. For one thing, their laid-back theater is in the basement of a pizza parlor. For another, they don't just accept unsolicited submissions—they base their mission around never-produced new plays from emerging playwrights. Since its inception two decades ago, Impact has held fast to its DIY roots, staging fun fundraisers alongside its thought-provoking and eclectic works.