Many music venues are known for breaking artists before they were famous, from CBGB hosting the Talking Heads' first gig to the Build-A-Bear Workshop where Slayer was discovered. Catch rising stars before they supernova with this GrouponLive deal.
- $10 for any non-special event concert for two (up to a $20 value)
- When: January 8–March 31
- Where: The Elbo Room
- General admission
- Door time: one hour prior to showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the schedule of upcoming concerts.<p>
- For hardcore local metal that keeps the meter running, see Punch Cabbie with Red Novella, El Famous, and False Hope Fades on Saturday, January 11, at 8:30 p.m.
- For funk headed up by a former member of Prince’s New Power Generation, see Andy Allo with Underdogs From Outerspace on Friday, January 17, at 8:30 p.m.
- For psychedelic rock barricaded by a wall of fuzz, followed by Beatles-esque pop rock, see Luke Wesley and We Killed the Lion on Thursday, January 23, at 8:30 p.m.
- For blues-rock reminiscent of The Allman Brothers Band and The Black Crowes, see The Hooks with Fight the Quiet and Roger This on Thursday, February 20, at 8:30 p.m.
- For meaty progressive metal from Fredericksburg, VA, see Elisium on Sunday, March 8, at 8 p.m.
The Elbo Room
The Elbo Room sates the aural appetites of music fans by dishing out fresh tunes seven nights per week. In an ongoing effort to showcase elite local and national acts, the venue injects its schedule with an eclectic lineup of bands and genres. Guests can belly up to bars in an upper-level cocktail lounge or basement melody lair before posting up in front of the stage. There, such major acts as Amos Lee, Joss Stone, Local H, and Scott Weiland have shared their musical prowess under creative lighting design.
What some people are buzzing about:
“I really like the grungy atmosphere, and the people that work there are awesome folks.”