Visitors can explore ancient Egypt, see Maximo the Titanosaur, and get access to the Fantastic Bug Encounters exhibition
About This Deal
All-Access Pass includes:
- General-admission exhibitions
- All ticketed exhibitions
- One 3D movie
Discovery Pass includes:
- General-admission exhibitions
- One ticketed exhibition or one 3D movie
- Onsite cafeteria: Two restaurants at the museum and a seasonal outdoor grill
- Transportation: #146 and #130 bus lines service the museum campus; 5-minute walk to the Roosevelt train stop; parking available at museum campus for a fee
Ideas for Your Visit
The Field Museum’s selection of ticketed exhibitions is headlined by Fantastic Bug Encounters!. Visitors can discover the amazing abilities of bugs in the new immersive exhibition. Witness and touch live bugs in action, and uncover the secrets of their diverse and alluring skills.
Whether you choose the All-Access or Discovery Pass, there’s no way you’ll miss SUE, the largest, most complete and best-preserved Tyrannosaurus rex ever discovered and Máximo the Titanosaur, which is the biggest dinosaur scientists have discovered to date. The touchable cast was modeled from fossils excavated in Argentina, and form a skeleton that stands 28 feet tall and stretches 122 feet across Stanley Field Hall.
Here are a few other attractions you might want to check out:
- Evolving Planet and SUE the T. rex: Wander through 4.6 billion years of life on Earth, walk among dinosaurs, and see fossils being prepped in our scientists’ lab. Then, come face to face with SUE the T. rex in an immersive experience for visitors of all ages. Use all of your senses to take in SUE’s world. Take a whiff of their putrid breath, watch SUE tromp through the Late Cretaceous forest, feel the texture of dinosaur skin, and hear the subsonic rumble of a T. rex.
- Wildlife Photographer of the Year: From simmering volcanoes to the whiskers on a walrus, experience the beauty and intrigue of our natural world through a new lens. Explore 100 of the world’s best nature photographs at Wildlife Photographer of the Year, now open at the Field Museum.
- Cyrus Tang Hall of China: Explore a culture of deep tradition and dynamic change and travel across thousands of years of history of one of the world’s most influential civilizations.
- More on Fantastic Bug Encounters!: Step into the world of bugs and discover their amazing abilities in the new immersive exhibition, Fantastic Bug Encounters! Witness and touch live bugs in action, and uncover the secrets of their diverse and alluring skills. Encounter larger-than-life models of these micro masters and test your own might against theirs with engaging, interactive stations. Join us for an unforgettable experience at Fantastic Bug Encounters!, open for a limited time.
Need To Know
About The Field Museum
First founded in 1894, the Field Museum is a forward-thinking scientific leader on a mission to protect and celebrate nature and culture in all its forms. The Field takes part in groundbreaking research across the world while maintaining one of the world’s largest collection of artifacts and specimens, used to inspire discovery, spark public engagement with science, and uncover solutions for a better world. To share its scientific and educational mission, the Field welcomes 1.6 million visitors each year.
At the Field Museum, guests can descend into an ancient Egyptian tomb, join scientists in researching the power of DNA and explore over 10,000 years of Chinese history and culture. With 4.6 billion years in one place, guests will be taken around the world and back in time to the farthest reaches of planet Earth.
To learn how the Museum is beginning to catalog our world for future museumgoers, check out the Groupon Guide's visit.