Being the lead singer of a famous band requires nerves of steel, a surplus of swagger, and the patience to endure Cleveland's rambling, uncomfortably personal answer to "How you doin' tonight, Cleveland?" Catch master showmen in their element with this GrouponLive deal.
- $15 for one G-Pass to see Goodie Mob: CeeLo Green, Big Gipp, Khujo, and T-Mo (up to a $30.50 value)
- When: Thursday, September 5, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Fillmore Charlotte
- Section: general-admission standing room
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
- Who Goodie Mob is: CeeLo Green, Big Gipp, Khujo, and T-Mo
- Their birth names: Thomas Callaway, Cameron Gipp, Willie Knighton, Jr., and Robert Barnett
- Hailing from: Atlanta
- The group's debut: on Outkast's Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
- First album: 1995's Soul Food
- First gold-certified album: 1995's Soul Food
- Song about soul food on Soul Food: "Soul Food"
- Linguistic fact from "Soul Food": the musical term dirty south, meaning southern hip-hop, was born in this track
- Other don't-miss songs: the visceral, piano-laced "Cell Therapy;" "Thought Process," a moody, introspective track; and the 2013 single "Special Education," featuring Atlanta wunderkind Janelle Monae
- Reasons to celebrate August 27: it's the release date of Age Against the Machine, Goodie Mob's first album since 2004 and their first album with founding member CeeLo since 1999; it's also the birthday of American wrestler Sergeant Slaughter
The Fillmore Charlotte
The Fillmore Charlotte models itself on the iconic San Francisco venue. Once a textile mill, the open space follows the original Fillmore’s signature decor, from red-oak hardwood floors to glimmering chandeliers to stadium-style tiers that result in pristine sightlines for attending fans.