- $18 for two adult tickets to The Frog and the Princess (up to $30 value). Tickets may be used for children’s admission.
- When: from June 20 through July 26; valid for performances on Wednesdays and Fridays at 2 p.m., and Saturdays and Sundays at 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Orlando Shakespeare Theater
- Seating: best available upon reservation
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
The Frog and the Princess
Prince Gerwyn’s got a lot to do: he must win the heart of a princess, defeat a wicked queen, and somehow catch enough flies for dinner. That third task is a direct result of the first two, as he’s been transformed into a frog by the cruel stepmother of his beloved. As the hero of this quirky, interactive adaptation from writer Brandon Roberts and Orlando Shakespeare Theater, the Prince has got plenty of reasons to be hopping mad as he fights for a happy ending for he and his non-amphibious object of affection.
Orlando Shakespeare Theater
Although Orlando Shakespeare Theater gets its name from the Bard himself, the ensemble of thespians produces a wide variety of shows. Shakespearean tragedies, comedies, and space operas anchor their season, but newly developed works also make their way onto the bill, as do plays for young audiences. Kids learn how to create their own pieces of theater during summer camps and classes, hosted both offsite and in school.