- One ticket to The Gipsy Kings featuring Nicolas Reyes and Tonino Baliardo
- When: Monday, June 8, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $36 for sections 302 or 308 (up to $72.45 value)
- $42 for sections 202 or 206 (up to $83.99 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
The Gipsy Kings
- The Gipsy Kings’ formula: two bands of brothers, the Reyes and the Baliardos, fill the stage with energy—and musicians—as they romance fans
- Their signature sound: “rumba gitano,” a term they coined to describe their music’s happy marriage of South American rumba rhythms and furious-flamenco guitar strumming
- How they got their start: they humbly busked on the streets of Cannes in southern France, roving from place to place like their namesakes before their debut album brought international stardom
- Singles you might know: the boisterous 1987 hit “Bamboléo,” or their unique take on “Hotel California,” used to great effect in The Big Lebowski
- The special occasion: this tour features founding members Nicolas Reyes and Tonino Baliardo, who have been with the group since their vagabond days in 1978
- What you’ll hear: a set stuffed with the band’s greatest hits and cuts from 2013’s Savor Flamenco, which won the Grammy for Best World Music Album
Photo credited to Marie Claire Margossian