All the coolest people from history have ridden horses: knights, cowboys, the top portions of centaurs. Relive history with this Groupon.
- Tickets to the Greenwich Cup polo match and season-ending ceremonies
- When: Sunday, September 8, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Greenwich Polo Club
- Gates: 1 p.m.
- TIcket values include all fees
$25 for one basic admission ticket (a $52.24 value)
- Access to all the day's events, including a rugby game, divot stomping, the pet parade, and a Ferarri car show
- Regular parking
- Access to the children's playground
$100 for one VIP-table ticket (a $205.99 value)
- Everything in the basic-admission ticket
- VIP parking
- Access to a tent with an open bar, cigar lounge, catered lunch, and a gift bag
Children under 21 are admitted free.
The Greenwich Cup
The 2013 Greenwich Polo Club season draws to a close on Sunday, September 8, with The Greenwich Cup, which showcases the club's last polo match in an afternoon of festive ceremonies. At 1:15 p.m., the afternoon kicks off with a Ferrari car show, during which guests can marvel at the chrome steeds as they graze on the lawn. Later, a fashion show bestows awards to the day's best-dressed spectators, and furry friends trot through the grounds during a pet parade. The big event begins at 3 p.m., when human and equine athletes tear up the field during a rousing polo match that also includes the divot-stomping ritual, in which fans wander onto the lawn to patch up the grass and keep earthworms' condos from flooding. A closing ceremony and trophy presentation ends the afternoon, marking a new reign to the club's reining champions.