- Two or four tickets to The BLAME Game: Original Sin
- When: Saturday, August 16, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Gelsey Kirkland Academy of Classical Ballet
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $39 for two tickets (up to $80 value)
- $79 for four tickets (up to $160 value)
Each ticket includes:
- Coffee and tea sponsored by Cafe Boca Ciega
- Intermission cupcakes sponsored by Billy’s Bakery
- Reception dinner sponsored by Gastrunamy with wine
- Discussion and Q&A with the repertory company
The BLAME Game: Original Sin
As The Hip-Hop Dance Conservatory’s annual performance series, The BLAME Game has established a long lineage of intense, narrative choreography. Each installment is the fruit of the conservatory’s summer intensive program, and while last year dove into the head of a man driven to madness, this year taps into the Biblical creation myth of the female demon Lilith.
The Hip-Hop Dance Conservatory
Students at The Hip-Hop Dance Conservatory don’t just learn Popping, Locking, and Breaking—their classes also cover culture, anatomy, kinesiology, and hip-hop history. That’s because for founder and artistic director Safi A. Thomas, hip-hop and dance are not just entertainment, they’re the foundation of a life philosophy. “The culture feeds the music, and the music feeds the dance,” he explains. This mantra becomes evident in each of H+ Productions, which have been praised for their emotive depth as much as their dazzling physicality. The conservatory’s weekly community classes are open to everyone.