What You'll Get
- Two or four tickets to The BLAME Game: Original Sin
- When: Saturday, August 16, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Gelsey Kirkland Academy of Classical Ballet
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $39 for two tickets (up to $80 value)
- $79 for four tickets (up to $160 value)
Each ticket includes:
- Coffee and tea sponsored by Cafe Boca Ciega
- Intermission cupcakes sponsored by Billy’s Bakery
- Reception dinner sponsored by Gastrunamy with wine
- Discussion and Q&A with the repertory company
The BLAME Game: Original Sin
As The Hip-Hop Dance Conservatory’s annual performance series, The BLAME Game has established a long lineage of intense, narrative choreography. Each installment is the fruit of the conservatory’s summer intensive program, and while last year dove into the head of a man driven to madness, this year taps into the Biblical creation myth of the female demon Lilith.
The Hip-Hop Dance Conservatory
Students at The Hip-Hop Dance Conservatory don’t just learn Popping, Locking, and Breaking—their classes also cover culture, anatomy, kinesiology, and hip-hop history. That’s because for founder and artistic director Safi A. Thomas, hip-hop and dance are not just entertainment, they’re the foundation of a life philosophy. “The culture feeds the music, and the music feeds the dance,” he explains. This mantra becomes evident in each of H+ Productions, which have been praised for their emotive depth as much as their dazzling physicality. The conservatory’s weekly community classes are open to everyone.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 16, 2014. Limit 3/person. Redeem starting 8/16 for ticket at box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Gelsey Kirkland Academy. Refundable only day of purchase. Discount reflects Hip-Hop Dance Conservatory's current prices-price may differ on day of event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Alcohol is not discounted more than 50%. Merchant is solely responsible for all sales and delivery of alcohol. Must provide 21+ ID to receive alcoholic beverages. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.