- $50 for one ticket to see El DeBarge with special guest Chico DeBarge(up to $106.74 value)
- When: Friday, November 7
- Where: The Historic Bal Theatre
- Seating: rows 1–8
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart
- 7 p.m. ; doors at 6 p.m.
- 10 p.m.; doors at 9:30 p.m.
- Who he is: owner of a captivating falsetto, former lead singer of R&B family group DeBarge, and a successful solo artist
- Who he’s with: brother Chico DeBarge
- What they share, besides a last name, a lot of genes, and decades’ worth of matching Christmas sweaters: a knack for capturing the Motown sound
- What they don’t: A vocal range—unlike his brothers, Chico’s a tenor.
- How El staged his most recent comeback: with 2010 solo album Second Chance
- What hasn’t changed in all those years: his voice and groove-seeking sonar
- What has: He’s revealed new emotional depths over time with songs such as “The Other Side,” which AllMusic.com dubbed “exceptionally poignant,” and begun collaborating with rappers including Fifty Cent.
The Historic Bal Theatre
Since it opened in 1946, the 800-seat Bal Theatre has continually hosted a wide array of film screenings, comedy shows, and musical acts on its stage, remaining one of the few American theatres of its era never to have shut down. Despite the building's vintage art-deco vibe, the theater boasts a concert-series sound system, digital projection, and three-dimensional seats, immersing audiences in a heightened sensory experience.