- $15 for one ticket to Indiana Wind Symphony Presents: The Power of Brass (up to $33 value)
- When: Saturday, May 23, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: The Palladium
- Seating: orchestra section
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
The Power of Brass
- The Theme: the many splendors of brass instruments as heard throughout the last century
- Notable Soloist: James Beckel—Principal Trombone of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra and a Pulitzer Prize–nominated composer whose works have been performed throughout the US and Europe
- Highlights: Copland’s Fanfare for the Common Man, which sees a majestic horn theme slowly open the piece to evoke the sun rising over the horizon, as well as Respighi’s The Pines of Rome.
Indiana Wind Symphony
The Indiana Wind Symphony was only a year old when it received its first accolades. And unlike most one-year-olds, the source of the praise wasn't its mastery of eating mashed peas; rather, in 1998, the International Conference of the Society for the Promotion and Investigation of Band Music lauded the symphony's recordings of rare Sousa pieces. The nod is a testament to the ensemble's focus on music history. In the years since, the group has continued to garner acclaim for its varied programs, high caliber of performance, and passion for sharing classical works with its audiences.
1 Center Green
Carmel, IN 46032Get Directions