What You'll Get
- Tickets to The King and I, starting at $49
- Click here for showtimes, seating, and prices.
The King and I
- The plot: English schoolteacher Anna takes a position as a governess to the children of the Western-minded King Mongkut of Siam, and learns to navigate the complex social world of his court while slowly falling in love with her employer.
- The music: First performed in 1951, the play sent now-beloved Rodgers and Hammerstein songs including “Getting to Know You” and “Shall We Dance?” into the musical-theater canon.
- For fans of: South Pacific, Camelot
When you click “Buy,” you’ll be redirected to here to complete your transaction. This offer applies toward the face value of tickets, but you’ll still need to pay all fees and taxes in full.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 19, 2016. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Customers buy at www.lyricopera.org/groupon16. Call (312) 827-5600 with questions. See Groupon's Third Party site terms here. Must purchase together to sit together. Lyric Opera of Chicago issues tickets. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. Add'l ticket fees apply at time of purchase. Must enter code GROUPON16 at checkout. Main floor prime or box seating not included. Non-transferable. Not valid with other offers or existing tickets. Not valid in combination with promo codes. Can't be used in combination with promo codes Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Lyric Opera of Chicago
- Founded: 1954
- Home: Civic Opera House, a masterpiece of art deco and art nouveau design opened in 1929
- Mission: to engage audiences with classic operas, lesser-known gems, and new works
- Famous performers: Pavarotti, Maria Callas, dancer Rudolf Nureyev, Plácido Domingo, Marilyn Horne, Frederica von Stade, and Renée Fleming have all graced the stage