Improv comedy shows, unlike criminal-court proceedings and open-heart surgeries, encourage people in the room to shout out suggestions. Explore the extemporaneous with this GrouponLive deal.
- $7 for one ticket to see a mainstage improv show (up to $15.40 value)
- When: any show of your choice through September 6. Shows are held on Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- Where: The Last Laugh Comedy Theater
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
Mainstage Improv Show
Audience members don't just watch shows at the Last Laugh Comedy Theater—they might end up being in them. The space's improv sets feature plenty of interaction, as the quick-witted performers come to the crowd for suggestions, and invite volunteers to step on-stage and verify that no one is hiding a script behind their backs. The resulting short-form games and sketches never run the same scenario twice, but are certain to inspire laughter.
The Last Laugh Comedy Theater
Josh Chamberlin wanted to bring Chicago-style comedy to Des Moines. And having spent years teaching and performing at the Second City and iO, he understood what makes that style of performance distinctive: a strong focus on scene and character work, and absolutely no ketchup. He opened The Last Laugh Comedy Theater in early 2014, providing a stage for talented improvisors to put up off-the-cuff shows and fledgling standups to test material at open-mic nights.