Rappers typically perform with hype men, who keep the crowd's energy up by waving around towels and feeding the audience granola bars. Get pumped with this GrouponLive deal
- $27 for one ticket to The LOX Money-Power-Respect Reunion (up to $40.17 value)
- When: Friday, May 2, at 9 p.m.
- Where: Amos' Southend
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
The LOX Money-Power-Respect Reunion
- What The LOX stands for: it's an acronym for Living Off eXperience
- The three-headed hydra of rap that composes The LOX: Sheek Louch, Styles P, and Jadakiss
- How you know Sheek: as co-founder of D-Block Records and frequent collaborator with Ghostface Killah
- And Styles P and Jadakiss: as fellow co-founders of D-Block collective and members of the Ruff Ryders collective
- How The LOX started spreading: when Mary J. Blige passed their demo to Sean "Diddy" Combs, who quickly signed them to Bad Boys Records
- The hits that introduced the world to The LOX's triple-decker wordplay: Diddy's "All About the Benjamins," Mariah Carey's "Honey," and Jennifer Lopez's "Jenny From The Block"
- The debut album that landed at #1 on the hip-hop charts in 1998: Money, Power & Respect
- Hit that was so jiggy, nobody realized it used a Rod Stewart hook: "If You Think I'm Jiggy"
- Good news for fans: they've reunited for a tour that salutes their breakthrough debut
- Even better news: their highly-awaited new album, We Are the Streets 2 drops this year