- One ticket to see the New Shanghai Circus
- When: Saturday, March 7 at 3 p.m. or 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Mayo Performing Arts Center
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $15 for orchestra or balcony section B (up to $28 value)
- $19 for orchestra or balcony section A (up to $32 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
New Shanghai Circus
The acrobats of New Shanghai Circus travel from their native China to enchant American audiences with feats of strength and gravity-defying derring-do. Beginning their training at age 9, the seasoned performers earn their oohs and aahs from showgoers by contorting their bodies like pretzels, piling onto moving bicycles, and building human pyramids to replace high-hanging light bulbs. Traditional Chinese music and ornate costumes add extra flair to the extravaganza, further immersing audiences in the culture of the visiting troupe of circus performers.
Mayo Performing Arts Center
The Mayo Performing Arts Center straddles time. While one foot is planted in the old-fashioned charm of the 1930s movie-palace golden age, the other is firmly in the tech-savvy modern day. Between is a stretch of history that saw the theatre fall into disrepair and then resurrect itself to its star-studded heyday thanks to volunteers. Since its 1994 rebirth, the center has welcomed everyone from the Kirov Orchestra of St. Petersburg to Ringo Starr and Aretha Franklin. But, if the Mayo Center were a tripod, its third foot would certainly reach toward the future—a suite of education studios is onsite to cultivate the next generation of performers.