- $29 for two tickets to Damaged Divas of the Decades 2 (up to $58.46 value)
- When: any show of your choice from September 13–October 24
- Where: The Music Box Theater
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here and here to view all available performances.
Damaged Divas of the Decades 2
- The show: an energized collision of sketch comedy and music, featuring skits, impressions, and familiar hits from the pop-culture canon
- The topic: diva singers whose reputations have been tarnished in sordid or silly ways
- The first show saluted/skewed: Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand, Whitney Houston, and Janis Joplin
- This new show promises: more jokes, more impressions, and more divas sporting more feather boas
The Music Box Theater
The mission of The Music Box Theater is refreshingly retro: to treat audiences to rib-tickling, crowd-pleasing revues that fuse live music with original sketch comedy, and do it all in a relaxed club atmosphere that recalls bygone cabarets and vaudeville shows. But the good times here are far from being antiquated, as proven by the thoroughly modern crowds the venue has welcomed since it hatched its first spotlight in May of 2011.
The theater’s two-act musical comedies are performed by a talented roster of Houston-based actors and singers. Audiences might see Rebekah Dahl—winner of the Houston Press Readers Poll for “Best Actress”—musical theater and barbershop quartet maven Brad Scarborough, and jack-of-all-musical-trades Cay Taylor. As the Houston Press raves, “If you’re familiar with these theater pros, you already know what miracles they perform when they get their hands on the American Songbook.”