What You'll Get
After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your voucher to complete redemption.
- $21 for one Value ticket for the rear orchestra and balcony (up to $36.20 value)
- $35 for one Advantage ticket for the outer sides of orchestra or center rear mezzanine (up to $57.70 value)
- $49 for one Superior ticket for the side orchestra, rear center orchestra, or first or second row mezzanine (up to $78.20 value)
- $70 for one Premium ticket for the front-mid orchestra (up to $108.90 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
- Friday, December 16, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 17, at 2 p.m. or 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 18, at 2 p.m.
Based on a novel by 19th-century romantic fabulist E.T.A. Hoffman, The Nutcracker weaves a magical tale of holiday adventure around one of the most recognizable scores in the ballet repertoire. It begins when young Clara receives a nutcracker from her godfather, a wizardly toymaker named Drosselmeyer. Sneaking downstairs to see the toy after everyone else has gone to bed, she suddenly finds herself caught in the middle of a pitched battle between the toys and an army of mice. After saving the nutcracker with a well-thrown shoe to the Mouse King’s head, Clara and her now-living prince venture into the Land of Snow and the Land of Sweets to celebrate.
Throughout their adventures, Tchaikovsky’s dazzling inventiveness propels the dances of nimble flowers and regal fairy queens. The “Waltz of the Snowflakes” floats weightlessly above the angelic voices of a youth choir, whereas the “Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy” tiptoes to the haunting, music-box chimes of a celesta. A medley of exotic national dances—including a Spanish bolero and Russian Trepak—add to the phantasmagoric celebration before the whole dream ends, as all dreams must.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Advanced online redemption required by 12/12. Online redemption must be complete by visiting the site specified on your voucher. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact ARTS San Antonio office at (210) 226-2891 prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About ARTS San Antonio
ARTS San Antonio brings cultural magic from around the country to South Texas. Chicago’s Joffrey Ballet, Cuba’s Arturo Sandoval, and New York’s Spanish Harlem Orchestra have all been presented by ARTS SA to enrich the community.