What You'll Get
- One ticket to The Nutcracker, presented by Central Florida Ballet
- When: Saturday, December 13, at 2 p.m. or 7:30 p.m., or Sunday, December 14, at 2 p.m.
- Where: Orange County Convention Center’s Linda Chapin Theater
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $12 for orchestra section 104 rows J–L (up to $24 value)
- $19 for orchestra section 104 rows B–H (up to $38 value)
- $20 for orchestra section 101 rows A–D (valid for the 2 p.m. shows only; up to $40 value)
- $24 for orchestra section 101 (rows E–Q for the 2 p.m. show on 12/13, rows K–S for the 7:30 p.m. show on 12/13, and rows E–G for the 2 p.m. show on 12/14) (up to $48 value)
- $24 for balcony section 201 rows A-D (available for the 7:30 p.m. show on 12/13 and the 2 p.m. show on 12/14) (up to $48 value)
Based on a novel by 19th-century romantic fabulist E.T.A. Hoffman, The Nutcracker weaves a magical tale of holiday adventure around one of the most recognizable scores in the ballet repertoire. It begins when young Clara receives a nutcracker from her godfather, a wizardly toymaker named Drosselmeyer. Sneaking downstairs to see the toy after everyone else has gone to bed, she suddenly finds herself caught in the middle of a pitched battle between the toys and an army of mice. After saving the nutcracker with a well-thrown shoe to the Mouse King’s head, Clara and her now-living prince venture into the Land of Snow and the Land of Sweets to celebrate.
Throughout their adventures, a dazzling score from Tchaikovsky propels the dances of nimble flowers and regal fairy queens. The “Waltz of the Snowflakes” floats weightlessly above the angelic voices of a youth choir, whereas the “Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy” tiptoes to the haunting, music-box chimes of a celesta. A medley of exotic national dances—including a Spanish bolero and Russian Trepak—add to the phantasmagoric celebration before the whole dream ends, as all dreams must.
This version, dubbed “the pyrotechnic Nutcracker” by fans, has been a Christmastime staple for years, albeit one with an unconventional twist. Its cast members not only dance, but perform aerial acrobatics above a stage shimmering with fiber-optic effects and, at times, “ahh”-inducing flames.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 14, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Must redeem online prior to show. Tickets will be emailed, vouchers will not be accepted. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Central Florida Ballet's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.