After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your Groupon voucher to complete redemption.
- $21 for one Value ticket for the rear second balcony (up to $36.20 value)
- $31 for one Advantage ticket for the rear orchestra, rear first balcony, or center second balcony (up to $52.60 value)
- $47 for one Superior ticket for the rear orchestra or front first balcony (up to $78.20 value)
- $73 for one Premium ticket for the front-mid orchestra (up to $120.15 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
- Friday, December 18, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 19, at 2 p.m. or 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 20, at 2 p.m.
Based on a novel by 19th-century romantic fabulist E.T.A. Hoffman, The Nutcracker weaves a magical tale of holiday adventure around one of the most recognizable scores in the ballet repertoire. It begins when young Clara receives a nutcracker from her godfather, a wizardly toymaker named Drosselmeyer. Sneaking downstairs to see the toy after everyone else has gone to bed, she suddenly finds herself caught in the middle of a pitched battle between the toys and an army of mice. After saving the nutcracker with a well-thrown shoe to the Mouse King’s head, Clara and her now-living prince venture into the Land of Snow and the Land of Sweets to celebrate.
Throughout their adventures, Tchaikovsky’s dazzling inventiveness propels the dances of nimble flowers and regal fairy queens. The “Waltz of the Snowflakes” floats weightlessly above the angelic voices of a youth choir, whereas the “Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy” tiptoes to the haunting, music-box chimes of a celesta. A medley of exotic national dances—including a Spanish bolero and Russian Trepak—add to the phantasmagoric celebration before the whole dream ends, as all dreams must.
ARTS San Antonio
ARTS San Antonio brings cultural magic from around the country to South Texas. Chicago’s Joffrey Ballet, Cuba’s Arturo Sandoval, and New York’s Spanish Harlem Orchestra have all been presented by ARTS SA to enrich the community.