- Open Stage
- When: any performance through February 23; shows take place Mondays at 8 p.m.
- Where: Celebration Event Center
- Doors open and a pre-show begins at 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $16 for general admission for two ($20 value)
- $48 for VIP front-table seating for eight ($80 value)
Anything can happen on a Monday night with the performers at Open Stage. Giant rabbits might perform standup, opera singers might belt out arias while hula-hooping, and trees might walk on stilts. All this is thanks to a variety show featuring volunteer performers who are funny, physical, and highly imaginative. The shows are an unpredictable mix of cabaret, improv comedy, and classic vaudeville that can tilt towards the hilarious or towards the emotionally moving. In the words of the Circus Freaks, the company that produces these shows, “it’s tough to out-weird a ‘typical’ night at the Open Stage.”
Adding to the event is the show’s relaxed atmosphere. Audiences can take advantage of the BYOB and BYO-snack policies to bring a bottle of wine and a cooler full of frozen winesicles, or even get involved with the show’s potluck. And newly converted fans are also invited to stick around after the curtain falls for an under-the-radar “unofficial second act,” detailed only in the vaguest terms on the show’s FAQ page.