Music is all around us—in the wind, the rain, and the weird sounds that children make. Listen to something that’s actually been rehearsed with this Groupon.
- $17 for one ticket to see Barrington Levy in concert (up to a $34.75 value)
- When: Friday, August 23, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Paramount
- Section: general-admission floor (standing-room only)
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Warning: contains images of a violent protest.<p>
The unexpected turns and danceability of a DJ set, the miles-deep roots of reggae, and the rich vocals of a singer with decades of practice—these three elements form the base of Barrington Levy's sound. Bursting into Jamaica's dancehall scene at the ripe old age of 14, Levy now totes a 30-year discography punctuated by collaborations with artists such as Shaggy ("Only You") and Snoop Dogg ("Watch Dem (Murderer)"). Levy's popularity spread from the island to the U.S. and U.K. in the mid-'80s, leading to a win in the category of Best Vocalist at Britain's Reggae Awards. He continues to record and perform, his most recent single being the pulsing declaration of romance, "Love the Way She Love Me."