- $16 for one ticket to The English Beat & Easy Star All-Stars (up to $31.25 value)
- When: Thursday, April 30, at 7 p.m.
- Where: The Paramount
- General-admission floor
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click to view the venue layout
The English Beat
- Who they are: famed Two Tone pioneers of second-wave ska who began rocking in 1978
- Their sound: a unique brew of New Wave, reggae, and soul
- Who you’ll see on stage: congenial lead singer Dave Wakeling and his shuffling platoon of party instigators
- How Wakeling knew he’d made it: when the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame started displaying his distinctive, teardrop-shaped Vox Guitar at their Cleveland HQ
- What you’ll see at their live show: frenetic stage antics as the group sweats through hits such as “Mirror in the Bathroom,” “Save It for Later,” and “Hands Off, She’s Mine”
Easy Star All-Stars
- Who they are: a reggae collective that plays imaginative dub remakes of classic albums such as Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band and Thriller
- What they may play: all of the tracks from their inaugural tribute record, Dub Side of the Moon
- What it pays tribute to: Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon
- How Allmusic.com answered the question on everyone’s mind: “yes, [the album] works far, far better than you’d have any right to expect…highly recommended.”
An oasis for arts-loving crowds tired of taking malfunctioning teleporters to the city, the cavernous Paramount draws in major acts to spare fans stressful commutes. The venue buzzes with a true rock 'n' roll vibe, beaming with a nocturnal color scheme decorated with whimsical local art and exposed brick walls.