- One ticket to 2AZ
- Where: Purple Rose Theatre
- Seating: Reserved Seating
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- $25 for performances on Friday, July 17, at 8 p.m.; Saturday, July 18, at 3 p.m.; or Sunday, July 19, at 2 p.m. (up to $41 value)
- $30 for the performance on Saturday, July 18, at 8 p.m. (up to $46.50 value)
The curtain opens mid-apocalypse in this ambitious thriller from Michael Brian Ogden (Corktown, Bleeding Red). The year is 2 A.Z.—After Zombies—and what remains of the human race is slowly losing grip on liabilities such as compassion and tenderness. It’s in this burning world that former nurse Rachel makes the possibly perilous decision to aid a straggling father and daughter. Soon, two military men and a research scientist join the team as well—but more friends means the potential for more betrayal.
Breathing new life into the zombie genre by putting it on stage, the play sets out to make audiences feel each stabbed back, each gunshot, each and every bite. Michigan Live praised 2AZ for its nail-biting tension and expertly staged action sequences, calling it “a craftily told zombie story” with “well-developed characters and solid dialogue.”