It’s always great to hear your favorite song live, because you can sing along and see what the notes look like as they float out of the instruments. See the music with this GrouponLive deal.
- $39 for one ticket to The Queen Experience (up to a $78 value)
- When: Saturday, October 19, at 2 p.m.
- Where: California Theatre of the Performing Arts
- Door time: 1 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- Orchestra section A, rows N–W and section C, rows L–T
- Front balcony section F, row H; section D, rows D–H; and section G, rows A–H
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
The Queen Experience
- What to expect: the fist-pumping euphoria of a vintage Queen concert
- Who to expect: tribute band Queen Nation, who have been the “we’s” rocking “you” since 2004
- How singer Joe Retta pays homage to Freddie Mercury: he nails the operatic voice, the piano fancywork, the fancy footwork, the leather outfits, and the iconic mustache
- How the show goes beyond the greatest hits: The Queen Experience covers the history of the band, from their prog-rock and metal-tinged beginning to their poppier ’80s work
- Hits to scream along to: “Another One Bites the Dust,” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “You’re My Best Friend,” “Killer Queen”
- Likelihood of breaking out your best “Flash/ah-ah/savior of the universe”: pretty good<p>
California Theatre of the Performing Arts
A former vaudeville performance space and movie palace built in 1928, the California Theatre of the Performing Arts hearkens back to a bygone era with its majestic Wurlitzer organ, which is played during silent-film programs, and a time portal linked to the childhood home of Alexander Pantages. The theater’s deep-red stage curtains and ornate, vaulted ceilings also steep the senses in a vintage ambiance. Thanks to this comforting nostalgia, as well as the heartfelt scenes that unfold onstage, the space seems much cozier than a 1,718-seat auditorium has any right to.