What You'll Get
- $18 for one ticket to the Rembrandt Chamber Players’ Romance & Jazz (up to $35 value)
- When: Sunday, September 28, at 3 p.m.
- Where: Nichols Concert Hall
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 2:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
The acclaimed musicians of the Rembrandt Chamber Players present a swoon-worthy afternoon of classic and contemporary works. They are joined by special guest Howard Levy, a Grammy-winning performer and founding member of Béla Fleck and the Flecktones, for the Midwest premiere of his Sonata for Oboe and Piano. Guest violinist Renée-Paule Gauthier also takes the stage for the concert.
- Levy—Sonata for Oboe and Piano: This modern piece fuses abstract blues and jazz to a backdrop of Brazilian rhythms.
- Mozart—Quartet in D Major for Flute and Strings: Mozart composed this work on commission for a young flautist, and the resulting melody marries precision to frivolity with sprightly charm.
- Bartók—Romanian Folk Dances: The composer put his own ornate spin on several traditional dances, evoking the rich culture of the region with the dark tones of the violin, viola, cello, and bass.
- Williams—Piano Quintet in C Minor: Piano and strings intertwine to craft a mood that’s at once thunderously dramatic and lushly entrancing.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 28, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Reservation required. Redeem starting 9/28 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Nichols Concert Hall. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Rembrandt Chamber Players' current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.