- $18 for one ticket to the Rembrandt Chamber Players’ Romance & Jazz (up to $35 value)
- When: Sunday, September 28, at 3 p.m.
- Where: Nichols Concert Hall
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 2:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
The acclaimed musicians of the Rembrandt Chamber Players present a swoon-worthy afternoon of classic and contemporary works. They are joined by special guest Howard Levy, a Grammy-winning performer and founding member of Béla Fleck and the Flecktones, for the Midwest premiere of his Sonata for Oboe and Piano. Guest violinist Renée-Paule Gauthier also takes the stage for the concert.
- Levy—Sonata for Oboe and Piano: This modern piece fuses abstract blues and jazz to a backdrop of Brazilian rhythms.
- Mozart—Quartet in D Major for Flute and Strings: Mozart composed this work on commission for a young flautist, and the resulting melody marries precision to frivolity with sprightly charm.
- Bartók—Romanian Folk Dances: The composer put his own ornate spin on several traditional dances, evoking the rich culture of the region with the dark tones of the violin, viola, cello, and bass.
- Williams—Piano Quintet in C Minor: Piano and strings intertwine to craft a mood that’s at once thunderously dramatic and lushly entrancing.