People in musicals break into song at the drop of a hat, especially if that’s their cue to sing, “Hats Are Falling Off All Over (Ain’t It Windy?).” Doff your cap to this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to The Rocky Horror Show
- Where: Jericho Arts Centre
- Section: general admission
- Door time: one hour prior to showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $28 for two tickets to a preview performance on Friday, October 4 at 8 p.m. or Saturday, October 5 at 8 p.m. (up to a $47.50 value)
- $47 for two tickets to a regular performance after October 5 (up to a $78.50 value)
- Click to view all available performances.<p>
The Rocky Horror Show
Richard O’ Brien’s Rocky Horror Show, the musical that went on to inspire the cinematic cult classic of the almost-same name, thrills and chills audiences with horror-laced comedy, riveting dance sequences, cross-dressing actors, and an iconic score. During the crazed yet campy odyssey, mad scientist and non-earthling Dr. Frank N. Furter and his castle-dwelling cronies attempt to corrupt Brad and Janet—a prudish young couple from the suburbs—with seductive dances and extended curfew hours. As the lovebirds gradually become more enthralled with the spooky jubilee, they encounter rock ‘n’ roll singing experiments gone wrong and a slew of rollicking tunes such as “Time Warp” and “Hot Patootie – Bless My Soul.”<p>
“Time Warp” in particular is at the heart of the spirited audience participation that characterizes many performances. It’s also just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right, followed by some hip-, knee-, and pelvis-related things. While many of the songs from Rocky Horror have become classics, “Time Warp” seems to have developed a cult following of its own—it has turned up on an episode of Glee, has been covered by scores of bands, and even had its name stolen by science.
91% of 200 customers recommend
“Great show, talented singers.”
“Most singers are quite good.”
“JCSS was an excellent production with talented performers. Not a bad seat in the Waterfront Theatre. We really enjoyed the show!”