Cover bands look and sound just like the real thing, unlike cover audiences, who are just used mannequins holding up lighters. See the real almost-real thing with this Groupon.
- One ticket to The Stars of Beatlemania!
- When: Friday, October 4, at 8 p.m.
- Where: California Theatre of the Performing Arts
- Door time: 7 p.m., though tickets can be redeemed at the box office starting at 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $29 for balcony seating in section D or G (up to a $58.50 value)
- $34 for orchestra seating in section A or C (up to a $69.50 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
The Stars of Beatlemania!
The Fab Four’s legendary career zips by in a blur when The Stars of Beatlemania! take the stage. Tracing the band’s entire career, the tribute begins with the quartet’s iconic appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show. Things snap into psychedelic Technicolor as the concert moves into the the Sgt. Pepper period, then finishes the rest of The Beatles’ story. To realistically capture each of the band’s distinct eras, the cast dons the appropriate costumes—from the three-piece suits of the early days to the holographic bell bottoms of the later years—and even plays the same models of guitars and amplifiers used by The Lads From Liverpool.<p>
California Theatre of the Performing Arts
A former vaudeville performance space and movie palace built in 1928, the California Theatre of the Performing Arts hearkens back to a bygone era with its majestic Wurlitzer organ, which is played during silent-film programs, and a time portal linked to the childhood home of Alexander Pantages. The theater’s deep-red stage curtains and ornate, vaulted ceilings also steep the senses in a vintage ambiance. Thanks to this comforting nostalgia, as well as the heartfelt scenes that unfold onstage, the space seems much cozier than a 1,718-seat auditorium has any right to.