- One ticket to see The Temptations & The Four Tops
- When: Saturday, June 20, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Akron Civic Theatre
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $25 for the middle balcony (up to $64.45 value)
- $25 for the upper balcony (up to $53.75 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Led by: sole founding member Otis Williams
- Five: the number of decades the seminal Motown band has been enchanting their fans; the number of harmonies they weave together
- Three: the number of Grammy Awards the group has earned, including a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award
- Song you’ve sung to someone you love: “My Girl”
- Song you’ve sung to explain your claustrophobia: “Can’t Get Next to You”
- What The Temps do besides sing: execute sharply choreographed dance moves in matching suits
- Their latest album: 2010’s Still Here
The Four Tops
- Unlike most sweethearts: The Four Tops stayed together since forming in high school in 1953
- The act that’s kept The Four Tops, and audiences, spinning for decades: a cache of rustproof hits, soulful four-part harmonies that wrap a varsity jacket around you on a cold night, and sharp-dressed, finger-snapping dance moves
- Soul-stirring classics you’re likely to hear that were just too big for one title: “Reach Out (I’ll Be There),” “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch),” “Ain’t No Woman (Like the One I’ve Got)”
E.J. Thomas Hall
Since 1973, The University of Akron's E.J. Thomas Hall has been the center of Akron's performing arts scene. The three-level facility, which occupies three acres of The University of Akron campus, boasts a massive, 44-ton movable ceiling that can shift to enclose the first or second levels. The position of the ceiling has a dramatic effect on the hall's volume and acoustics, so it is controlled by a computer precisely managing 27 counterweights. The hall's ability to transform from an intimate one-level performance space to a vast three-level concert hall allows it to host performances of a variety of sizes and styles by university students and faculty as well as the Akron Symphony Orchestra, the Tuesday Musical Association, the Children’s Concert Society, and the Akron Youth Symphony.
Akron Civic Theatre
182 S Main St.
Akron, OH 44308