What You'll Get
- $40 for one ticket to Brandi Carlile (up to $51.58 value)
- When: Saturday, August 8, at 8 p.m.
- Where: MacEwan Hall
- General admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Her voice: sometimes it’s as tender and gravelly as Emmylou Harris’s, but for the most part, Brandi Carlile belts out in a full-force bellow; the Boston Globe dubbed her “contemporary pop’s most expressive and astonishing singer this side of Adele”
- Her influences: in the genre-hopping songs she writes and croons, you can hear a little Patsy Cline, Elton John, and Freddie Mercury, sometimes all in the same note
- Her start: she was a backup singer for an Elvis impersonator before eventually performing alongside the Indigo Girls, Chris Isaak, and Tori Amos
- Her breakthrough: 2007’s The Story, which had its title track featured during an especially romantic surgery on Grey’s Anatomy
- Her performance: expect tracks from her back catalog and new gems from her latest album, The Firewatcher’s Daughter, played with her longtime backing band of twins Phil and Tim Hanseroth
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 9, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Redeem on 8/8 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For disability seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.