- $40.25 for one G-Pass to see Boney James (up to $57.50 value)
- When: Friday, August 8, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Venue at Horseshoe Casino
- Seating: mezzanine sections 301–307
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- 3 million: the number of albums saxophonist Boney James has sold
- 4: the number of Grammy nominations he’s received in the pop and R&B field
- Best Jazz Album: the Soul Train Award he took home in 1998
- His sound: an eclectic, genre-defying fusion that incites categorization-related panic in record store clerks
- How he described it to SanJoseJazz.org: “I make Boney James music. I’m just trying to break down the barriers and make contact.”
- The most recent way he’s done so: with 2013’s The Beat, which topped the Billboard Contemporary Jazz Albums chart for 7 weeks
The Venue at Horseshoe Casino
The Venue at Horseshoe Casino offers big city entertainment from just outside the big city. Revelers pile into the casino’s complimentary shuttles and set off for Hammond, where penny slots and game tables await before they file into The Venue. The acts taking the stage could land anywhere on the live spectacle spectrum: Penn & Teller might combine comedy and magic with the sound of only one person talking, MMA fighters could get adrenaline pumping, or Huey Lewis and the News could inspire audience sing-alongs.