- Tickets to The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Other Eric Carle Favorites
- When: Sunday, January 25 at 4 p.m.
- Where: Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 3 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $29 for two tickets (up to $40 value)
- $39 for a family four-pack for two adults and two children (up to $50 value)
The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Other Eric Carle Favorites
It’s a busy afternoon for the puppet actors of The Very Hungry Caterpillar. They’ve got not one, not two, but three stories to tell. Each one springs from a book by renowned children’s author/illustrator Eric Carle, and centers around a different nature-themed protagonist. There’s the titular caterpillar and his cocoon-bursting transformation, the Mixed-Up Chameleon discovering his color-changing abilities, and the Little Cloud’s journey through the sky. Brought to life with puppets that evoke the rich color of Carle’s illustrations, The Very Hungry Caterpillar captures both the whimsical journeys and science lessons of his stories.
Detroit Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts
Built in 1928, Detroit Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts dazzles patrons with an ornate art-deco façade and lush Spanish Renaissance interior. Elegant columns, glittering chandeliers, and vibrant geometric patterns create a palatial atmosphere in the lobby. The auditorium's intimately arranged velvet seats leave every viewer within 70 feet of the stage, eliminating the need for binoculars or drawn-out games of telephone describing the onstage action.