It's always great to hear your favorite song live, because you can sing along and see what the notes look like as they float out of the instruments. See the music with this GrouponLive deal.
- $42 for two tickets to see The Von Trapps (up to $87 value)
- Where: Musikfest Café at SteelStacks
- Section: general admission - theatre style seating
- Door time: 90 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
Dates and Times
- Thursday, November 21, at 2 p.m.
- Thursday, November 21, at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 22, at 2 p.m.
The Von Trapps
- Are these the same Von Trapps that inspired The Sound of Music? Close. They're actually the great-grandchildren of those Von Trapps.
- Who were those Von Trapps? The Captain and Maria, who helmed The Von Trapp Family Singers in Austria before fleeing Nazi rule.
- What kind of music do the modern-day Von Trapps perform? The four siblings sing Austrian and American folk songs as well as originals.
- How did they get their start? They recorded songs their grandfather taught them in an effort to cheer him up after he had a stroke.
- What have they done since? They've toured the globe, recorded six albums, performed at Carnegie Hall with Pink Martini and the New York Pops Orchestra, and collaborated with Rufus Wainwright
Musikfest Cafe at ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks
ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks hosts film and performing arts venues on four stories overlooking the dramatically illuminated blast furnaces of the former Bethlehem Steel Plant. On the first floor, the Frank Banko Alehouse Cinema projects independent, foreign, and documentary films on two full-size screens with 100 and 200 stadium-style seats. A full-service bar pours local Yuengling brews and other alcoholic beverages, and onsite chefs craft gourmet eats such as ham-and-brie paninis and beef sliders. Musical acts such as the Psychedelic Furs, Joan Osborne, and Rusted Root perform each weekend at Musikfest Café, where up to 1,000 concertgoers can spread across multiple levels of seating, or form a human pyramid to climb the exposed girders above the stage.