Like the chalk line down the middle of feuding siblings’ bedroom floors, the line between comedy and tragedy is thin and can lead to melodramatic outbursts if crossed by mistake. Watch as the pros cautiously tread the boards with this GrouponLive deal to see Husbands and Lovers, presented by The Washington Stage Guild at the Undercroft Theatre. Doors for all shows open 30 minutes before the curtain opens. Student tickets are regularly half price. Choose between the following options:
- For $22, you get one ticket for general-admission seating to a matinee or a Thursday evening performance (up to a $40 value before fees, or up to a $45 value online, including all fees). Choose from the following performances:
- Thursday, February 23, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 25, at 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 26, at 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 1, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 3, at 2:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 4, at 2:30 p.m.
- For $27, you get one ticket for general-admission seating to a Friday or Saturday performance at 8 p.m. (up to a $50 value before fees, or up to a $55 value online, including all fees). Choose from the following dates:
- Friday, February 24
- Friday, March 2
- Saturday, March 3
Premiering in America, Hungarian playwright Ferenc Molnár’s Husbands and Lovers examines the tragic and comedic absurdities of love. The play treats audiences to a series of vignettes, exploring the untruths necessary for relationships and the damage that the truth can cause when pursued single-mindedly. Dedicated to creating literate, passionate works of theater, The Washington Stage Guild immerses audiences in carefully staged performances in the spirit of George Bernard Shaw. The intimate, recently renovated Undercroft Theatre lets audiences discern the nuances of each performance without demanding the second act be moved to the balcony.